5/23/10

First Weigh In - Success!

Today was my first weigh in and it went amazingly well.

Last week I was 321 lbs and this morning I weighed in at 313.4. Down 7.6 pounds in 1 week!!!

Since I'm starting my second week on Weight Watchers I got the 2nd book of the momentum plan. This books focus is getting moving, which I fully intend to do.

As soon as I got home from the meeting and ate breakfast I went for a walk. I had planned on walking for 15 - 20 minutes just to get started. Once I was out and moving I just kept going. I was listening to an audiobook that I love and felt good so I didn't feel like stopping.

I walked for an hour and then realized that I probably wouldn't make it through another hour walking to get home. I ended up having to call my husband and ask him to come and pick me up.

I think that I will have to do a more gradual increase in my activity. I can obviously walk an hour but I'll have to limit myself to half an hour one way and half an hour back for now. Once I build my stamina then I'll increase it to 45 minutes then to an hour. At that point I should be able to increase to a jog and then, hopefully to a run.

Who knows, maybe I will be ready to run in the 5K or even half marathon next year. Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment