5/24/10

Bad Decision

I've been doing great and feeling wonderful the last week or so. I've been walking every day and started jogging this morning so I've been quite proud of myself. I also started a 30 day challenge on the EA Active for the Wii. I was feeling so good and things were looking great.

After dinner my husband suggested he wanted to "be bad". He took me out for dessert at Cheesecake Cafe. Because I'm trying to lose weight and he's diabetic, I knew we wouldn't be having a dessert each. Because it was his idea, he chose the dessert.

What he decided on was the Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae. Ice Cream, Chocolate Brownie, Whipped Cream, Melted Chocolate and a Cherrie. It is so tasty, but so bad for me.

I don't really care for brownies so that part of it was ok, but the ice cream was just calling to me. I ended up eating just under a half of the sundae and as soon as I did, I felt awful. My sugar level spiked, my stomach hurt and I was disappointed in myself.

I know that it's not realistic to expect never to eat this type of thing, but I am so mad at myself for giving in so quickly.

On the Weight Watchers program I do have 35 POINTS for weekly allowance, plus the 4 POINTS I had left for the day and the 5 POINTS I had earned for activity so it doesn't sideline my efforts but I know I should do better.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't completely unravel my progress.

I'm back to work tomorrow but intend to walk right after work. I have an hour to wait until my husband is off work so I'll park the car at his office, go for an hour walk and he can pick me up wherever I am at that time. I think that if I continue to walk I can deter any problems from my mistake today.

No comments:

Post a Comment