5/18/10

Red Lobster - Was It A Good Idea?

I was soooo craving seafood today, so my wonderful husband offered to take us out for dinner.

We ended up going to Red Lobster, which is always one of my favorite places. Typically we would order an appetizer to share, our salad, a cup of soup and then the entree. Occasionally there would be a dessert as well.

Tonight I was much better than that. I always order bottled water as I can't drink tap water so the drinks are never an issue. We did not order any appetizers and I skipped the soup.

I ordered a Casear Salad with the dressing on the side. My husband took the croutons and I ended up not using any of the dressing so all good there.

I went through my Dining Out Guide and determined that a good choice for me would be the Broiled Seafood Dish. The Guide said it was 6 POINTS so that's what I decided on. This dish has a very small filet of fish, a small maritime lobster tail and a casserole of shrimps, scallops, broccoli and rice. The side dish I chose for the entree was broccoli. I didn't use any of the butter that was served with it so I think I did well.

My biggest concern is the salt content. I don't use salt at all but I could taste the salt that was cooked in the food. I'm hoping this one meal doesn't cause me major water retention.

I guess I'll see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment