5/4/10

Who Am I, Why Am I Writing This Blog & Why Should You Care?

I don't know about you, but for myself, the best way for me to get things started is to just jump in and see how things go. With that being said, I guess I'll start by introducing myself and explaining what I hope to accomplish with this blog.

My name is Linda and I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I was a teenage mom of a now teenage son. I have struggled with obesity all of my life and hit an all-time heavy weight of 489 pounds. After several years of hard work I have managed to get down to 321 pounds. I have hit yet another plateau and can't seem to break it, which is why I'm writing this blog.

I hope that by making daily entries online and feeling accountable to others it will keep me motivated when I just want to give up. I will be reviewing different workout routines that I find, Nintendo Wii Exercise "games", as well as trying out new healthy recipes that I come across. Maybe by me doing these reviews it will keep me on track to do the right thing and who knows, maybe it will help someone else who isn't sure about trying something out.

This is where you come in. If you have suggestions of things I should try, whether a "game", a recipe or a workout, please let me know. I am willing to try anything and give my opinion of everything. If it's something you've wanted to try but are not sure it's worth the cost, I will try it out for you and give you my feedback. I am also hoping you can do something for me. If you read this and feel that I may be slipping back into my old habits, please give me a swift kick in the butt. I will have my email address available so anyone that does not want to post something publicly can email the kick and get me back on track.

Well, that's enough for my introduction. I vow that I will see success and I hope to provide the support for everyone else to find success as well.

Let's do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment