5/4/10

Step 1 - Setting Goals

The first step of my process has to be to set some goals for myself. I have split the weight I want to lose into smaller, more manageable chunks which should help keep me focused and on track. After I reach each goal I will be rewarding myself with something non-food related.

My first goal is 300 pounds. I haven't been this weight since the middle of February 1997, just after my son was born. My reward for reaching this goal is a tattoo of my favorite Disney Character: Eeyore.

My second goal is 275 pounds. The last time this weight showed on the scale was the end of June 1995 when I graduated from high school. My reward for this goal is a tattoo for the positive/"Good" side of me, a dolphin.


My third goal is 250 pounds. I'm not sure the last time I was this weight. Probably sometime in grade 10. The reward for this goal is a tattoo for the darker/"Bad" side of me, a tiger.



As my goals to this point are 25 pounds apart, I guess 225 is the next step. I was probably only 14 years old when I was this weight. The reward for this goal is a scroll in Chinese calligraphy stating: Success Is Mine!

My Ultimate goal is 207 pounds. This weight is still considerably overweight according to all the charts, but it's lower than the lowest weight I can ever remember being. I was 208 pounds when I was 12 years old and began all of this dieting nonsense. My reward for myself at this weight is two-fold. I am obviously going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe but for myself as a prize/reminder will be my last tattoo.

I will be getting a picture of a bathroom scale with my heaviest weight of 489 listed in the display, with the words NEVER AGAIN! underneath.
I'm not saying that once I reach this weight I will stop losing, I just know that I will never go back to where I was, or even to where I am right now.
1 Step in my Journey To Weight Loss Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment