5/14/10

Yesterday Was a Struggle

So, yesterday I was all excited. I have decided to go back to Weight Watchers and I'm really looking forward to it. I was feeling good, getting a lot accomplished at the office and had plans to go for a walk as soon as I got home from work. Well, things changed.

I got a call from my son saying that he had left his house key in the backseat of my car, therefore preventing him from going home after school. Needless to say, I had to leave the office early to go pick him up. That in itself wouldn't have been so bad.

The problem was that I work across the city from where we live as does my husband. To cut costs we only use one car right now so I had to drive across the city to pick up my son, then drive back across to this side to pick my husband up from work. With all the time that took up we decided to grab something on this side of town for dinner as it was getting late and my husband being diabetic really needed to eat.

We ended up going to Chili's for dinner. I'm not sure if you've ever eaten there, but the food is good tasting, but really not the greatest for weight loss. I had printed out the nutritional information from their website earlier this week because we had an office luncheon there on Tuesday so I knew what was the better choices for me but it really wasn't what I was wanting.

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to decide what I wanted and what I could afford calories wise and I think I ended up with a good meal. We didn't have any appetizers obviously, as that's a huge no-no with me on this journey.

I ended up having the create your own combo. The Spciy Garlic & Lime Grilled Shrimp (you get about 8 pieces of shrimp) has 120 calories. I had that with the Grilled Salmon w/ Garlic & Herbs which has 370 calories. Typically the combo comes with Spicy Coleslaw(180 Calories) and Loaded Mashed Potatoes(390 Calories). I opted to have neither of these and in their place I had just a cup of Southewestern Vegetable soup (110 Calories). I drank Iced Tea (fresh brewed) with no sugar or sugar substitute so no calories there.

The total calories for last nights meal was 600 Calories. This was a good choice for me.

After dinner we drove back across town, heading for home. I had to stop at the grocery store for things for lunch and we didn't end up getting home until after 9. By the time we put the groceries away and cleaned up a bit it was after 10. By this time I wasn't in the mood to go back out for a walk so I just sat down at the computer and continued working on my meal plan for the next few weeks. I ended up doing that and watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice for 2 hours.

So much for being active. I felt good with my choices for dinner but felt awful for not getting moving.

I plan to change that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment