6/2/10

Working A Second Job. Can I count it as activity?

So I have now started a part-time job. I will be working 2 nights a week and then a full day on Saturday. I'm hoping I can count it as activity since I'll be on my feet all day.

I greatly enjoy the job, as I've done it before at the same store, but it is definitely going to be a struggle. The duties are not the problem. What I have a concern with is the fact that the store is in a mall. We are about 6 stores from the food court and there are not a lot of healthy options there. I will either have to bring my own meals, and eat in the back room, or see if I can find better choices at the food court.

They have a sushi place so that is ok, I guess. The Chinese place has vegetables but my thought is if the vegetables glisten and shine, they probably are not that good for you. The same thing goes for the rotisserie chicken place. My husband eats there often and his fingers are always greasy afterwards... no thank you.

Dairy Queen/Orange Julius is out of the question, as is A&W, Joey's Only and Taco Time.

I will have to do some research on the nutritional information for the other places and hopefully I can identify a few things that I can choose from and not set myself on a destructive path.We'll have to see how it goes.

My other concern is the fact that I'm not used to being on my feet all day so I will have to push myself harder when I get home to ensure I get my workouts in. I am not giving up on my fitness plans just because I'm working 2 jobs.

I Will Succeed, regardless of the effort it takes!

1 comment:

  1. I don’t like going Judge Judy’s Court and the same goes for Food Court. Never really having weight concerns (a beer belly at most), I did once have digestive issues and the food court was a big reason for that. Thankfully, as I gradually ate differently, I not only got toned up a bit, but all that food inside of me had a different mindset. The goods stayed inside and the small bits of waste…well, it’s became waste and a healthy waste at that as I saw it. A day feels so much more comfortable when your inner body workings are happier. But enough about me. Yeah, not the most appealing topic here but hey, it should not be overlooked. Digestion – maybe a future blog topic.

    Call me lucky, but just smelling a food court now disgusts me. When you regularly take in a more healthy base of foods, you can actually become turned off of the taste (and sometimes event smell) of foods you once craaaaved for. Trust me, been there, done that! Horray!!


    Blake :)

    ReplyDelete