5/6/10

Finding The Energy When Fighting The Flu

Have you ever had one of those days when you really wanted to do something, but your body was telling you "NO WAY MAN!"? Yesterday was one of those days for me.

For the past 3 days I have been at a plateau of 321 pounds and yesterday I was determined to workout hard to break through the plateau. Well, regardless of the best intentions, I accomplished nothing.

I have been fighting the flu for a week and a half now and thought that if I got moving it might help. As soon as I got home from work last night I put on my workout clothes, got on my Gazelle and that's about as far as I got. I did maybe 3 minutes on the Gazelle and my head started spinning. I thought I was going to pass out, which is never a good thing when you're on a piece of fitness equipment.

Obviously I got off, drank some water and things started to stabilize. I figured I'd go with something a little slower so I started up the Wii and popped in EA Sports Active. It was a rest day on my 30 day challenge so I decided to do some boxing drills to get me moving. That was a mistake.

I did the first set of 20 punches and that's it. I just wanted to fall over. Now I usually love the boxing activities and I find it gives me a good low intensity cardio workout, but last night every punch seemed to drain more and more of my energy.

I turned the Wii off, sat on the couch and the next thing I knew my husband was waking me up telling me I should head to bed.

I already feel awful because my weight isn't dropping and then I don't even have the energy to work out, it's maddening. I hope that I can finally beat this in the next day or two and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment