5/7/10

Keeping The Promise To Myself

I was sitting at the office today trying to get my head around the weight I still have to lose when I realized that my only real obstacle has been myself.

We all have reasons why we can't eat right or can't exercise, but when I thought about all of these reasons I kept coming back to the same question...why not? If I can find the time to sit and watch a television show, or play in an online poker tournament, I have the time to workout. With regards to the foods issue, yes it may be a bit more expensive to buy the low-fat foods, trust me I have compared the prices, and it is more expensive, but if I'm spending my money on the more substantial filling foods then I won't be spending money on the fluff that has gotten me to the weight I am now.

Another excuse I used to come up with is that I had to take care of my son and husband before myself. Beyond the standard grocery shopping, when I went to the store it was to buy sliced lunch meat for my husbands' sandwiches, microwave meals for my son's lunches at school which left very little money for the healthy items I was looking for. I was left with few choices beyond this type of food.

After examining my priorities today I have decided that in order for me to be the best wife and mother I can be, I need to set myself on an equal level with them and not behind them. I am keeping the promise that I made to myself to be at my goal weight by the time I reach my 35th birthday, which is early 2012.

In order to keep this promise I have to change my view on things. I am making meal plans for everyone in my family and there will be no more processed lunch meat and microwave meals. Whole, healthy foods planned out for everyone and I will get the foods my body needs for success. These foods will be good for all of us, as my son is a larger kid and my husband is diabetic. By making this change for myself we will all benefit greatly.

I am worth it and so are they. My son may dread the thought but I'm sure when I incorporate great flavors with great food he will enjoy it as well.

I have alway prided myself in the fact that when I make someone a promise I always find a way to keep it. Now it's my turn to have a promise kept!

No comments:

Post a Comment